[SOLVED] How to set up an RGB system with Corsair H150i Pro and Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB fans playing nicely together?

Funkonaut

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I'm delving into RGB lighting for the first time and trying to figure out if I made some bad purchases or can proceed with what I have.

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 - Mid Tower (includes its own preinstalled fanlink hub in the back, takes both 3pin and 4pin connectors)
RAM: CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB
CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series, H150i PRO RGB
Fans: CORSAIR - LL Series 120mm w/RGB lighting
Peripheral: Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard

I'm confused as to the best way to sync them all up to control from a single piece of software, if that's possible.

• The LL Series fans came with a Corsair LINK peripheral and "LED hub" in the package, but some googling tells me LINK is now unsupported and I should be using iCUE (which is different from just CUE???). Should I just ignore all these peripherals altogether?
  • The H150i did not come with RGB fans (the marketing is very misleading about that IMO) and instead just some regular stock fans, but I will eventually buy some if I get the rest of this working. The pump itself comes with 3 connectors: 1 to a USB header on the mobo, 1 to the CPU fan to power the pump itself I guess (according to the manual, but I have it connected to the Pump Fan, because the Case's fan hub says to connect to the CPU fan header instead. So far this hasn't caused any obvious problems). And then a 3-in-1 fan connector for the fans on the radiator, which in turn I have connected to the case's built in fan hub (which is in turn connected to the CPU fan header on the mobo, as instructed in the case manual.)

• I plan to mount the three LL Series RGB fans to the top. I haven't installed them yet until I have a better idea of whether I should be hooking them up to the case fan hub, the corsair link hub, or something else entirely?

Basically, I feel like if I was only dealing with the three LL Series fans, it would be easy enough install iCue, and go from there. But how do I incorporate the H150i into all of this, since it seems to kind of be intended as its own self-contained system? Both it and the Corsair LINK require their own separate USB connection to the mobo.

My end goal is to have every fan in the case, the RAM, the cooler pump, the keyboard, and anything else I add in the future (ambient lighting?) all set to one color, or a synced pattern, or whatever, controlled from one place. My assumption had been if I focused only on Corsair products that would remove some of the complexity.

Whole system is up and running windows with temp non-rgb fans, everything works smoothly otherwise.

TIA.

___
Full Specs:

Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 - Mid Tower
Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB - M.2 NVMe
PSU: CORSAIR RM Series, RM750, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
RAM: CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB
CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series, H150i PRO RGB
Fans: CORSAIR - LL Series 120mm w/RGB lighting
Peripheral: Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard

Solution
So I actually got it working, it turned out easier than I thought. For those who end up with this same case/cooler combo and happen upon this thread, here's how it's all hooked up:

Corsair H150i Pro:
-USB to JUSB3 connector on mobo
-pump fan cable to PUMP_FAN1 on mobo (the cooler's manual will tell you CPU_FAN1, but my case's manual also wants its fan hub plugged to this same port, so I decided to go with that instead, it's not clear whether swapping these makes any difference or not. At minimum, it hasn't broken anything :) )
-3-in-1 fan connector to the 3 (non-rgb) fans on the radiator. (If I ever upgrade to rgb there, may post an update).
-Sata power to sata connector, obvs

LL Series fans:
-mounted to top
-power cables for each...

Funkonaut

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
So I actually got it working, it turned out easier than I thought. For those who end up with this same case/cooler combo and happen upon this thread, here's how it's all hooked up:

Corsair H150i Pro:
-USB to JUSB3 connector on mobo
-pump fan cable to PUMP_FAN1 on mobo (the cooler's manual will tell you CPU_FAN1, but my case's manual also wants its fan hub plugged to this same port, so I decided to go with that instead, it's not clear whether swapping these makes any difference or not. At minimum, it hasn't broken anything :) )
-3-in-1 fan connector to the 3 (non-rgb) fans on the radiator. (If I ever upgrade to rgb there, may post an update).
-Sata power to sata connector, obvs

LL Series fans:
-mounted to top
-power cables for each fan plugged, in order, into the fan hub that came pre-mounted on the back of the case.
-cables labeled RGB into the Corsair LINK module (which is connected to port 1 on the Corsair LED hub)

Corsair LED hub:
-connected to JUSB4 on mobo.

Case fan hub:
-connected to CPU_FAN1 on mobo.

Stock case fan on back panel plugged into the case's fan hub as well.

Downloaded iCue, it automatically recognized all the devices except for the LL fans, which I had to set up a lighting channel for under the Devices tab, then I was good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vic 40
Solution