How to Set Up and Use the Your Phone App in Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

epdm2be

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Been using MyPhoneExplorer for ages to do this kind of stuff. It has all the features that this app lacks. Weird that microsoft needed to invent the wheel again since this very mature program has been around for ages (since the dawn of the Sony-Ericsson camera/featurephones). But I guess this is typical US neglect for all things aren't US-made.

Funny thing is that in the very old PDA-past they used to have pretty good syncing software themselves. Which they gradually handicapped and by the time Windows CE based smartphones came about it sucked big time. With Windows Phone devices they NEVER had any proper syncing software at all.

How funny that years later (including several Windows versions) they finally needed to re-invent what they used to have. It's a strange world indeed.

Reactions: TheRich Man

Ivan Tuzikov

Honorable
Nov 10, 2016
IMHO this App is added mainly to collect input and heaps of other relevant data from your phone. The functionality of the App itself is very limited. Typical spyware from spyware Windows 10.

Reactions: TheRich Man

Ivan Tuzikov

Honorable
Nov 10, 2016
IMHO this App is mainly added to collect input and heaps of other relevant data from the smartphones. Typical spyware App from Spyware Windows 10.

jpe1701

Honorable
Mr. Piltch, do you know if this will work with an Android tablet? I heard somewhere that they intend to eventually allow access to some of the apps on your phone too.

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador
Seems like a pretty useless app to me. Texting from my PC? My desktop is at home, & (unless it's plugged in for charging) my phone is right with me (on the desk, in my pocket, etc.). My laptop is either a) plugged into the TV set at home, or b) I have it with me when I'm away from the house, & I always have the phone with me. So the whole "text from your PC with your phone account" is 100% useless.

As for accessing my photos...I can always look at the photos on my phone (see above about how far away the phone is going to be from the PCs), or I can use the existing Photos App in Windows 10 to download any, some, or all photos from my phone just via USB (which works 100% with my iPhone 6).

rxc

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
I would much prefer having a simple way of seeing the files in the phone structure from my laptop, and seeing the PC file structure and files from my phone. I used to be able to do this with Win7, but home networking with Win10 is a mess. I don't want to have to use a USB cable for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.