Question How to set up my NZXT Kraken x62 with my NZXT h700i case?

dannyt21793

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
Case: NZXT H700i
Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62

So I am having trouble setting the radiator and the fans that come with it. I googled and people were saying to put it on the front of this case, but my problem is that the case come with 3 other smaller fans pre-installed.

What can I do? I tried to take the front case fans to put on the top of the case so I can put the radiator and the fans that came with that on the front of the case, but the screw holes don’t align for the top of the case.

I never installed a liquid cooler before.

Help appreciated thanks!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Easiest way is a pull configuration. Use long screws (in the rad kit) and attach the fans face down to the side of the rad with the hoses. Take the whole thing, stick it in the front, and use the short screws through the slots in the case to attach the rad. You'll need 8x long screws and 8x short screws.

The 120mm stock fans attach to the upper frame, which drops right into the top of the case. There should be 2x sets of holes, for 120mm and 140mm fans.

Reactions: dannyt21793

dannyt21793

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
Easiest way is a pull configuration. Use long screws (in the rad kit) and attach the fans face down to the side of the rad with the hoses. Take the whole thing, stick it in the front, and use the short screws through the slots in the case to attach the rad. You'll need 8x long screws and 8x short screws.

The 120mm stock fans attach to the upper frame, which drops right into the top of the case. There should be 2x sets of holes, for 120mm and 140mm fans.
When you say “face down” what do you mean by that because I can’t tell which side of the fan is up or down lol.

Also, so you are basically saying what I mentioned correct? Switch the 3 fans on the front to the top and put the radiator and its fans on the front?

I tried to see if the front fans fit on the upper frame, but I couldn’t figure out how lol I’ll try again tomorrow.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's 2 sides to a fan. The front face is all nice and pretty and looks like a submarine propeller. The backside is the ugly side, it has the sticker and the wire connection and motor frame. When the fans spin, it draws in air from the front side and exhausts out the backside.

When you mount a fan face down on a rad, that's pull configuration, as you pull the air through the radiator. This is beneficial to most 1200ish or lower rpm fans as it uses the whole fan surface area to draw from. Push config is where the fan is face up blowing air through rad. This is beneficial to high speed fans, since you'll get a donut shaped cone (right where the motor is there's little to no airflow) but the exhaust has higher static pressure than the front draw.

In that case, you can mount the rad either way, as top exhaust or as front intake, it really doesn't make a difference to temps or airflow, but because of space many times a front mount is better because it won't interfere with the top of the motherboard.

Exactly how it's mounted is up to you, there's no right or wrong way. Long screws attach the fans to the rad, short screws attach rad to the frame.

dannyt21793

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
There's 2 sides to a fan. The front face is all nice and pretty and looks like a submarine propeller. The backside is the ugly side, it has the sticker and the wire connection and motor frame. When the fans spin, it draws in air from the front side and exhausts out the backside.

When you mount a fan face down on a rad, that's pull configuration, as you pull the air through the radiator. This is beneficial to most 1200ish or lower rpm fans as it uses the whole fan surface area to draw from. Push config is where the fan is face up blowing air through rad. This is beneficial to high speed fans, since you'll get a donut shaped cone (right where the motor is there's little to no airflow) but the exhaust has higher static pressure than the front draw.

In that case, you can mount the rad either way, as top exhaust or as front intake, it really doesn't make a difference to temps or airflow, but because of space many times a front mount is better because it won't interfere with the top of the motherboard.

Exactly how it's mounted is up to you, there's no right or wrong way. Long screws attach the fans to the rad, short screws attach rad to the frame.
Thanks.

Yea I might dumb as hell because I can’t see how the front fans can fit on the top part. I opened the manual for the case and I see it says you can put the front fans to the top, but just can’t see how they align lol. Should the front face be facing up or down?

dannyt21793

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
Thanks.

Yea I might dumb as hell because I can’t see how the front fans can fit on the top part. I opened the manual for the case and I see it says you can put the front fans to the top, but just can’t see how they align lol. Should the front face be facing up or down?

Also when attached the rad to the front do I use the short screws that came with the cooler? And when attaching the fans to the top do I use the screws that were used to screw them on in the front?