How to set up yahoo as default email

vthemt

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Why does everythig say to go to tools and then programs to set up yahoo as default on windows 7? its not an option in reality. :non: its not there. so why does it tells us to do it? windows 7. how do i set up yahoo as default or install as some say can be done. in all results that i have read - in reality when i do step by step its so not what they say is there. so how cani set up yahoo as default email client? :fou:

???

You cannot setup yahoo as a default email client, lol. If you want to use yahoo mail, you go to yahoo.com and click "sign up". Then when you want to check your mail, you go to yahoo.com and click "mail".

If you want to use Windows mail you need "Windows Live Mail".

If you want to use Google mail, go to Google.com and follow same directions as I listed for Yahoo mail.

You cannot setup a websites mail as your Windows mail, not sure who you heard that from or who this "everybody" is. Do you hear voices?

crimsonwarrior

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

Look Numnuts, I already have Yahoo as my email, but when I want to forward a web page I right click on it, the only option that I have showing is Windows Live Mail and all I want to do is have Yahoo as my option. Are yo saying that I cannot install Yahoo as my default mail client?

luvotnt

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
I use Chrome browser and in the settings, I added the extension called Mailto:Yahoo! Mail
made by CardCapture1.
It allowed me to use Yahoo mail as default whenever I click on an email link (e.g., CraigsList).