[SOLVED] how to setup a home network

sk3k2k

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
i want to replicate a work environment so i can practice at home. therefore i want to buy a domain and install windows server on a computer and add just 2 nodes to it and play aroudn with permissions and dhcp and dns etc.... i can't find this info on the internet.

anyone link me to it?

also, the approximate cost?

Solution
If you have a reasonably beefy PC and plenty of RAM (32GB or more), the easiest/cheapest way to do this is VirtualMachines.

WindowsServer and a couple of client systems, all virtualized inside your physical hardware, talking to each other.

This is my system, running 4x VMs
G7Ro10y.png

Linux
Win 10
Win 10
WindowsServer 2012
Host of Win 10 Pro.

USAFRet

Titan
If you have a reasonably beefy PC and plenty of RAM (32GB or more), the easiest/cheapest way to do this is VirtualMachines.

WindowsServer and a couple of client systems, all virtualized inside your physical hardware, talking to each other.

This is my system, running 4x VMs
G7Ro10y.png

Linux
Win 10
Win 10
WindowsServer 2012
Host of Win 10 Pro.

Solution

sk3k2k

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
i want to replicate a work environment so i can practice at home. therefore i want to buy a domain and install windows server on a computer and add just 2 nodes to it and play aroudn with permissions and dhcp and dns etc.... i can't find this info on the internet.

anyone link me to it?

also, the approximate cost?

my pc is from 2008. so do you have a domain and you setup dns, dhcp, file server, gpo's, user objects etc....?