Question How to setup My ARGB fans? they spin too loud.

andyanderson

Commendable
Jul 1, 2020
Hi, ive just bought = Antec NX410 White Case with 3xRgb fans, and i just plugged the 4-pin molex onto the end of them and they work fine but are spinning at full speed. Can someone please tell me how i can set them to slow spin mode maybe via my mobo, i was hoping, let me know, thanks. PC Specs = i5-11400f, 1x16GB 3200 fury, ASUS PRIME B560M-A mobo, Crucial P2 1tb NVMe, Integrator 600w, gtx 960 lol

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I can't find the manual for this case on-line. However, the web page for a 3-pack of the fans it likely uses says they come with a small Hub box for connecting both fans motor cables and fan lighting cables together. Do you have that? It indicates that it comes with a cable from one Hub port to connect to (two different?) mobo headers for mobo control of motor speed and LED displays.

Even if you don't have that, the photos would suggest that each fan has TWO separate cables - one for the motor, and another with a wider connector for the lights - AND that those connectors are standard for connection directly to mobo headers. In fact, on the fans in a 3-pack, there may NOT be a way to plug them into a Molex directly, so I'm not sure I understand how you have yours plugged in. Can you provide more details?

andyanderson

Commendable
Jul 1, 2020
I can't find the manual for this case on-line. However, the web page for a 3-pack of the fans it likely uses says they come with a small Hub box for connecting both fans motor cables and fan lighting cables together. Do you have that? It indicates that it comes with a cable from one Hub port to connect to (two different?) mobo headers for mobo control of motor speed and LED displays.

Even if you don't have that, the photos would suggest that each fan has TWO separate cables - one for the motor, and another with a wider connector for the lights - AND that those connectors are standard for connection directly to mobo headers. In fact, on the fans in a 3-pack, there may NOT be a way to plug them into a Molex directly, so I'm not sure I understand how you have yours plugged in. Can you provide more details?

actually my back exhaust fan has a 4-pin molex + 1x reset switch port, the other two front fans are 4-pin only, and theyre connected together dwith daisy wire attached to the backfan.

Last edited:

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Are you telling me that all of these fans have only one cable from each, ending in a male (with pins) Molex connector? Except that the REAR fan also has a second cable or connector with two pins that goes to the case's front Reset Switch? That means they have NO separate cable for lights. So, how do they display ARGB multi-colour changing light patterns?