How to setup properly Multiple rgb fans with one header

Jun 15, 2019
Hello, I’m having difficulty getting my 4th rgb fan working properly, I have the front panel fans (2) and the back fan (1) working fine, it’s the top fan I can’t get working properly, need expert advice.

I’m not entirely sure how to connect the 4th one when I have the other 3 setup to the hub I received with the deep cool fans, and obviously plugged into my one rgb header on the mobo. The 3 fans hooked up are working fine and I can control them with asus aura with no challenges, just a newbie on how to get that 4th one operational from a rgb perspective. I can plug the 4th in for power, but don’t know how to hook up for rgb lighting.

Mobo - asus tuf h310 plus gaming
Case - nzxt h500
Rgb fans - front panel deep cool rf140 X 2
Rgb fans - back panel deep cool rf120 X 1
Rgb fans - top panel deep cool rf120 X 1 (when I get it going)

Thanks!

Last edited:
if Asus is compatible with the RGB options of the hardware it will auto-sync the RGB color(s) through the "Sync All" option.
Aura software > Sync All tab > Color - in the second space any compatible hardware should show in the drop-down list; RGB strips, board IO, peripherals, etc.
if they're not showing they are not compatible or just not currently recognized by the motherboard. you may need a header with more ports or need to use a splitter and combine some of the fans on one plug into the header.

Thanks, will try the splitter route. do i require a specific one, or just any old splitter for rgb compatibility?
with that i'm really not sure. some fan splitters may disrupt the signal from the fan to the header and limit or change RGB options but I've never heard of it happening. maybe search for one that mentions splitting fans with RGB options or just start a new thread here asking that specific question. i'm sure there's many users here who have gone this route with all the RGB options available today.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
To start with, I just want to be sure that the RGB cable connector on your fourth fan is the SAME type as the other Deep Cool fans you already have connected. Right?

The clue comes in part from how you have your three fans already connected to your mobo's plain RGB header to control them using the ASUS Aura Sync utility. I know that those fans in a 3-pack come with a manual control box with 3-output connectors for the fans' RGB lines. That set also comes with a different cable that allows you to NOT use the manual control box, and instead connect the group of fans to your mobo's plain RGB header. So I assume you are using that second alternative. The problem is that you need a fourth output connector the cable does not provide. further, the connecrtors used by those fans is NOT the common type used by many makers, so the common types of RGB Splitter cables won't do.

There are two possible solutions. ONE would be if Deep Cool can supply a different type of Splitter that can convert one output connector of the existing cable you already are using into two or more. If that does not exist, then you could use a second cable of the type you already have, PLUS a more common type of 4-pin plain RGB Splitter like this

https://www.newegg.com/p/1W7-005X-0...cm_re=RGB_Splitter-_-9SIACJF8XR5029-_-Product

That's a 2-pack of 4-pin plain RGB Splitters with two outputs each which includes little gender changer adapters to convert its female output ends into males. Using one of those, you could connect TWO of the cable type you already have to your mobo's only plain RGB header, and thus be able to connect more than three fans' RGB cables to that mobo header.

So, contact Deep Cool Sales or maybe Tech Support and find out where you can buy ONE of those types of cables needed to connect to the Deep Cool fans.

TRENDING THREADS