How to setup Remote Desktop (win2000 not XP >.<)

Mary

Hi all

i know how to setup Remote Desktop in win xp by right click
computer -> properties -> ...

How about 2000 ? i can't find any Remote Desktop settings >.<

i have logged in using adminstrator account.

Unless the W2K machine is a server running Terminal Services your out of luck. An alternative is
UltraVNC. Get the server, client and encryption plug-in from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Mary" <uiower@ewr.com> wrote in message news:upePuCx9EHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi all
>
> i know how to setup Remote Desktop in win xp by right click computer -> properties -> ...
>
> How about 2000 ? i can't find any Remote Desktop settings >.<
>
> i have logged in using adminstrator account.

Mary

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe my question is not clear.

I wanna know how to setup a Terminal Services server in win 2000.

UltraVNC is not my first priority, because the client side (my friend)
is running winxp (non-administration).

She can't install any software but can use remote desktop client.

--

"Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:elglIHx9EHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Unless the W2K machine is a server running Terminal Services your
> out of luck. An alternative is UltraVNC. Get the server, client and
> encryption plug-in from...
>
> http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
> http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> mutual benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>
> "Mary" <uiower@ewr.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>>
>> i know how to setup Remote Desktop in win xp by right click
>> computer -> properties -> ...
>>
>> How about 2000 ? i can't find any Remote Desktop settings >.<
>>
>> i have logged in using adminstrator account.

I would post to the microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services, the
microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server, the microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps or
microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients news groups for help with that. Personally, I'm not a
W2K/W2003 Server person.

--

Mary wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Maybe my question is not clear.
>
> I wanna know how to setup a Terminal Services server in win 2000.

You need Windows 2000 (or 2003) server - not Win2k Pro/desktop.
You have to buy Terminal Services CALs and install a licensing server - and
the TS box should be dedicated to TS only (i.e., should not be a domain
controller, mail server, etc).
Best to post in m.p.windows.terminal_services if you need help with this.

> UltraVNC is not my first priority, because the client side (my friend)
> is running winxp (non-administration).
>
> She can't install any software but can use remote desktop client.
>

> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid>
> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:elglIHx9EHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Unless the W2K machine is a server running Terminal Services your
>> out of luck. An alternative is UltraVNC. Get the server, client and
>> encryption plug-in from...
>>
>> http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
>> http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
>>
>> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
>> mutual benefit of all of us...
>> rights...
>>
>> "Mary" <uiower@ewr.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> i know how to setup Remote Desktop in win xp by right click
>>> computer -> properties -> ...
>>>
>>> How about 2000 ? i can't find any Remote Desktop settings >.<
>>>
>>> i have logged in using adminstrator account.

Mary

Thanks all.

Maybe i use back VNC , because i am not using win 2000 server >.<

--

"Mary" <uiower@ewr.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:ulZtFQy9EHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...