How to setup up 4-6 monitors (extendable) from laptop source

Jan 1, 2019
Hey fellas, I'm on a quest to get multiple monitors to work independent to one another as extended monitors. Without changing the system. Looking to be able to use 4k hdmi monitors at minimum 60hz. I have 2 monitors 1080p/60hz working off the internal video card through microsoft data/charging cable with the microsoft hub. But require to have more monitors to work with.
I bought another usbc external video card with 2 hdmi outputs but the system does not let you use both at the same time (microsoft hub and external video card) so I can only have 2 external monitors working and extendable through the hub. I tried connecting it to the microsoft hub via usbc-usb adapter and no luck (it reads the other inputs such as the sd card reader and usb from it but not the video hdmi)
I'm looking to get an external video card/splitter of some sort either through usbc or usb and if needed to get a adapter/converter I'm ok with that to extend 4-6 displays (some of them 4k) to be able to see different things at the same time.

How would I go about to accomplish this mission? Any ideas on a external video card/splitter? Its looking like the usbc would have to be the input into the laptop as im not sure video can be transported through usb or can it?

system: microsoft surface book 2 512/16gb ram/i7 (new unit) windows 10
internal video card: intel(r) uhd graphics 620
system output: usbc or usb

Another question I want to clarify is about video splitters would that help me in any way or just clone the input source to the output monitors? I have to have extended monitors no clones or duplicates.

Thanks a bunch for the help

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
Video splitters will only clone the source, except maybe for DisplayPort. Unfortunately, I don't think connecting 6 monitors to a laptop is possible with today's tech (especially with 4K monitors), and if it is, performance won't be good. The only usable 6-monitor setups I've seen use full size PC towers with dedicated graphics cards (and not the cheap cards; professional or gaming cards were needed).

Jan 1, 2019

Hey thanks for the reply, thats what Im trying to avoid is having to get a tower. Would you know of any external video card to plug and play to get maybe 4 extended monitors running perhaps?

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017

That would probably do the trick! I forgot you can get stand-alone desktop graphics cards like this.

The Surface Book 2 doesn't have a Thunderbolt 3 port, so external GPUs are not an option.