how to share a folder for a specific user on windows 7

Asif7004

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015
I am trying to share a folder for a particular user. i tried as i known, but its not working. if someone knows kindly share your ideas.

Solution
Are you running a active directory server? You need a server that contains all the users that login to the server in order to tell windows to only share to that user.

The other way is on the PC that you are sharing from, make a a user account with the same name/password as the user who want to share with, then share the folder to that user only and it should let them access it.

I say should because windows peer to peer networking without a server is spotty. I have roughly 15 PC's in my house, all on the same workgroup and at any given time, only about 10-12 actually show in my network places, and it's not the same 10-12 on the PC's. Only some see certain PC's, other's see different PC's. One might see all. lol. I"m looking at...
Are you running a active directory server? You need a server that contains all the users that login to the server in order to tell windows to only share to that user.

The other way is on the PC that you are sharing from, make a a user account with the same name/password as the user who want to share with, then share the folder to that user only and it should let them access it.

I say should because windows peer to peer networking without a server is spotty. I have roughly 15 PC's in my house, all on the same workgroup and at any given time, only about 10-12 actually show in my network places, and it's not the same 10-12 on the PC's. Only some see certain PC's, other's see different PC's. One might see all. lol. I"m looking at setting up my own active directory server if I find a cheap windows server license or can buy a old used server with a license already on it.

Solution