[SOLVED] How to share an Excel file with other people?

Mysteryman2

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2013
Sorry, I apologise that this is probably in the wrong sub-forum, but, it isn't obvious where I should post!

The issue I have is that I have an Excel file that I would like a group of people to be able to open, make changes and save. Ideally I would like to store this file somewhere and just email them a link to it.

I know I could do this with Dropbox/OneDrive, but, that would (I believe) require each recipient to download/install an app and I would rather not ask them to do that.

There is a website hosting service we use (34SP) and I guess I could store it there, but, don't know if that would help me achieve what I want.

The file is quite small and I would be able to get a free account on a file hosting site, but, I don't know if there are any that don't require you to install their software and use their interface. As I said the ideal situation is that people just access through a link I send them.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Mysteryman2

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2013

Yes, they would need to be using OneDrive.
Excel by itself will not do any simultaneous editing online.
Thanks for reply.

Are there any solutions that do not rely on the recipients having accounts/apps like OneDrive and Dropbox need?