Question How to shrink whole page?

smalltech

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Hello, how to reduce/shrink the whole microsoft word document size so that I can fit more text in one page? (and maintain the different font sizes)

Example, in a word document there are many text that are different (title, headers, subheaders, links, charts...) font and sizes. I cannot simply just select all and change to smaller font size because all the text will become same size, I want all text to be their original size. Just shrink the whole thing so more info can appear in one page. I want more info to appear in a printed page.

Thanks

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Hello, how to reduce/shrink the whole microsoft word document size so that I can fit more text in one page? (and maintain the different font sizes)

Example, in a word document there are many text that are different (title, headers, subheaders, links, charts...) font and sizes. I cannot simply just select all and change to smaller font size because all the text will become same size, I want all text to be their original size. Just shrink the whole thing so more info can appear in one page. I want more info to appear in a printed page.

Thanks
Here is a thread I found that may offer a solution though I have been unable to test it: https://superuser.com/questions/166955/microsoft-word-resize-all-text-relatively

Another idea is when you go to print, there should be an option to change the size of the page (e.g. instead of printing it at a scale of 100%, try to make it 80%).

If you used different styles, you could also try to change the properties for each. For example, change the normal text to 9pt and the heading to 15pt - or whatever your needs are.

Another thing I found is a command in Word to fit all text on one page. This seems more like what you are looking for. Here is that guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/shrink-text-to-fit-ad8ac9df-c641-4d57-876b-a099d0b9808e

Reactions: smalltech

Tom cruise432

BANNED
Sep 13, 2022
If you haven't already, click Edit Document > Edit in Word for the Web. To select every word in your document, press Ctrl+A. A few times click Home > Shrink Font. Each font in your document shrinks as soon as you click Shrink Font in Word.