Question How to solve the problem of loud fan?

Aug 29, 2019
www.youtube.com
Hello! :)

One of my exhaust fan is really making lots of noises, It's like an airplane taking off...

I totally have three fans, expect the cooler's fans. But others are working great, doing their job without screaming. Somehow only this fan is making noises.

However, in mobo BIOS, I set all the fans to "smart fan mode," so they all kind of on the same page. I just don't understand why this particular fan is being so annoying...

By the way I'm using Arctic F12 PWM fans.

Thanks a lot!

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
First check that the "screaming" is not simply caused by bad harmonics between the fan and case mount. To do that just unscrew the fan from the case and see if it still makes those noise when you have it in the free air. If it does then well it is a bad bearing and you must then re place it with a new one.

Aug 29, 2019
www.youtube.com
First check that the "screaming" is not simply caused by bad harmonics between the fan and case mount. To do that just unscrew the fan from the case and see if it still makes those noise when you have it in the free air. If it does then well it is a bad bearing and you must then re place it with a new one.
Well you're right. It caused by the case. After I un-mount it the noise went away.

So how do I mount it back without causing noises?

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Aug 23, 2019
But here's the issue, why the fan will make noise when I mount it as exhaust fan? Because the fan's design or the case? Pc temperature is getting warm I might have to set that fan as exhaust.
It might be the direction the air is flowing, try checking that. Also, might just be a defect fan, try getting it replaced and see how it works.