How to solve this problem?

Hello all:
My friend asked me:his PC's OS is winxp that is pirated,and he is running
well for a long time,but recently his PC don't work,it must active, who
conuld tell me the reason,and how to solve the problem?thank you very much.

Tell him to purchase and install a legal operating system!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message
> Hello all:
> My friend asked me:his PC's OS is winxp that is pirated,and he is running
> well for a long time,but recently his PC don't work,it must active, who
> conuld tell me the reason,and how to solve the problem?thank you very
> much.

"Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message
> Hello all:
> My friend asked me:his PC's OS is winxp that is pirated,and he is running
> well for a long time,but recently his PC don't work,it must active, who
> conuld tell me the reason,and how to solve the problem?thank you very
> much.

Go down to your local retail store and purchase a legitimate version!

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/windows/default.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e7$TClDgFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Lee Tow <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> hunted and pecked:
> Hello all:
> My friend asked me:his PC's OS is winxp that is pirated,and he is running
> well for a long time,but recently his PC don't work,it must active, who
> conuld tell me the reason,and how to solve the problem?thank you very
> much.

Lee;
See this link:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/invalpk.htm
That link will help verify if it is in fact pirated and give options to
resolve the piracy issue.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Lee Tow wrote:

> My friend asked me:his PC's OS is winxp that is pirated,and he is running
> well for a long time,but recently his PC don't work,it must active, who
> conuld tell me the reason,and how to solve the problem?thank you very much.

Time to go shopping.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Lee Tow,

Don't know if this applies to the part of the world you're in. Here
(Australia) MS claims that they will bestow a "legitimate" copy of Windows
XP on you, if you hand in your priated version with a receipt for that
pirated version, how nice of them. I assume it could be global. In that case
print yourself a receipt out, as basic as it can be, even if it's in the
form of;

The Stupider Stones Cut Throat CD Deals Store.
(Prices so cheap you'll think you're on the planet Stupider)

1. MS Windows XP Pro

Total: $US 5.50

Remember you're dealing with pirates here so no one in their right mind
would point a receipt, that can be proved it was from them, point to any old
store, leave it to their denial to hold power. Just hold your word. If MS
hold their word you can install you new copy.

If not, it takes alot less smarts to install and get your friends copy
activated.

- Winux P.