How To 

How to solve Windows Error 0xc000007b

mm35LqG.png

The Windows error ‘The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)' is a message we never want to see. It means something has gone awry in either Windows or the application you’re trying to use and it will need troubleshooting to overcome. If you need to solve Windows Error 0xc000007b, you’re in the right place!

There are a number of ways you can troubleshoot this error. I’ll list them in the order you should try them, the easiest first and most involved last.

Solve Windows Error 0xc000007b
Follow each one of these steps to address the issue. After completing a step, try to open the application that is giving the error. You can safely stop when you can open it without any issues.

1. Reboot your machine.
2. Run the program as an administrator by right clicking the executable and selecting ‘Run as administrator’.
3. Run the program in compatibility mode. Right click the executable and select ‘Troubleshoot compatibility’.
4. Check to make sure you have the latest Windows updates, graphics and sound drivers. Update as necessary.
5. Reinstall Microsoft C Runtime packages. Download directly from Microsoft and install them.
6. Re-install the program giving the error.
7. If it’s a game giving the error, check DLL files and .NET framework files. Re-install or download files as necessary.
8. Open a CMD window as an administrator and type or paste ‘chkdsk c: /f /r’. This will check your file system for issues.
9. Reinstall DirectX. This is often packaged with graphics drivers but is available as a separate download from Microsoft.
10. Uninstall your graphics drivers in Safe Mode and reinstall them.

One of those steps is sure to correct ‘The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)’. I have only had it on a couple of occasions and a reinstall of the .NET framework fixed it for me both times. Hope these help!

More Windows 10 troubleshooting tips:
How to perform a Windows 10/Ubuntu dual boot
How to clean install Windows 10 directly without having to upgrade first
Fix Unmountable_boot_volume in Windows 10