How To Speed Up My Ghz Processor?

Leonard Simon

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014
How to speed up my processor Ghz, my current Ghz is 2.30, i'm about to increase it into 2.4, 2.5 or 2.6, any idea, i use desktop and i already set up my fan/cooler at my cpu.. :??:

Solution
Some rumors tell that Ghz can be increase through bios but i didn't see any details to change it

That's because you have an ACER. OEM systems like Acer, Dell, HP, etc have locked Bios so you can't OC the machine. This helps keep their warranty costs low as you can't damage the unit from a bad OC, and it forces you to buy a new machine when you want a faster one. You can buy an x2 6000 if you want, but it's still a dual core that isn't really that much faster. In this day and age, it will feel pretty similar.

Leonard Simon

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014
It is possible to overclock it,, Some rumors tell that Ghz can be increase through bios but i didn't see any details to change it.. it's my computer is to old, or piece of junk.. or i buy new chips etc AMD ATHLON X2 6000+ and change it..

4745454b

Titan
Some rumors tell that Ghz can be increase through bios but i didn't see any details to change it

That's because you have an ACER. OEM systems like Acer, Dell, HP, etc have locked Bios so you can't OC the machine. This helps keep their warranty costs low as you can't damage the unit from a bad OC, and it forces you to buy a new machine when you want a faster one. You can buy an x2 6000 if you want, but it's still a dual core that isn't really that much faster. In this day and age, it will feel pretty similar.

Solution