Question How to Speed Up PC

Feb 24, 2023
Hey guys, im getting some FPS drops on my system. Especially League of Legends, where on clean system which was couple of years ago, It ran on solid 120 FPS. But now LoL starts at 120 but when more things are happening it drops to around 80-90 and sometimes even freezes for like 0.5 sec. I dont want to fresh install Windows now. So i would like to know, what programs or scripts are you using for cleaning a Windows a little to see if It Helps.

I5-6400
RX 570 4Gb
16gb RAM
SSD 256 (LoL on It)
Windows 10

Widow1

Reputable
Mar 24, 2019
First of all try to check what is causing the 0.5 sec freezes on task manager while you are playing.
Check for any malware on your system.
Try re-installing latest nvidia drivers using DDU and check for drivers in general.

What do you mean by clean system? Same system but with clean windows installation ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
No quick fix really. Software that claims to clean up a system can often have unintended consequences.

Check system temperatures, always the first thing to do, and something you should do regularly so you can spot changes. Clean out dust, re-apply thermal paste as needed or desired.

With that age of hardware, you might also consider replacement fans as a precaution. But if they aren't making noise, they are probably okay for now.

Software wise:

1. Update all your drivers (Motherboard, audio, GPU)
  2. Uninstall any program you aren't using
  3. Close applications and taskbar items you aren't using when gaming.

Feb 24, 2023
First of all try to check what is causing the 0.5 sec freezes on task manager while you are playing.
Check for any malware on your system.
Try re-installing latest nvidia drivers using DDU and check for drivers in general.

What do you mean by clean system? Same system but with clean windows installation ?

I checked task manager a cant see anything obvious, maybe is SSD failing , i will try move The game to hdd and i will see. GPU drivers should be fine, LoL is using GPU 15-20% max

Feb 24, 2023
No quick fix really. Software that claims to clean up a system can often have unintended consequences.

Check system temperatures, always the first thing to do, and something you should do regularly so you can spot changes. Clean out dust, re-apply thermal paste as needed or desired.

With that age of hardware, you might also consider replacement fans as a precaution. But if they aren't making noise, they are probably okay for now.

Software wise:

1. Update all your drivers (Motherboard, audio, GPU)
  2. Uninstall any program you aren't using
  3. Close applications and taskbar items you aren't using when gaming.

Yes im checking temperatures regularly , when i started playing hogwarts Legacy. There was cpu Max 65°C and GPU Up to 80 but in LoL cpu is around 60 and GPU is 50 because LoL isnt GPU demanding.

Make sure the PC is clean (including CPU and GPU cooler heatsink fins) and not overheating. Make sure your drive is not overloaded, you need to keep a minimum of 15% of it's available space unoccupied. That's actual space, not advertised space or the amount the drive is said to be. It's instead the amount Windows says it has. Also as always make sure you don't have any unnecessary clutter or malware with free tools like CCleaner or Malwarebytes.

When you say things like "on clean system 2 yrs ago", and "LOL" at your drive, which I assume is a dig on it's outdated capacity, I have to wonder if you've not been diligent about keeping your available drive space managed properly, or even the overall condition of the PC.

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
Hey guys, im getting some FPS drops on my system. Especially League of Legends, where on clean system which was couple of years ago, It ran on solid 120 FPS. But now LoL starts at 120 but when more things are happening it drops to around 80-90 and sometimes even freezes for like 0.5 sec. I dont want to fresh install Windows now. So i would like to know, what programs or scripts are you using for cleaning a Windows a little to see if It Helps.

I5-6400
RX 570 4Gb
16gb RAM
SSD 256 (LoL on It)
Windows 10
Do an over the top install of windows 10. It just replaces all windows files, good if you have corruption. if that does not fix it, it's not windows itself causing it but some other software or hardware
Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)
Just select the Upgrade option, it installs windows over your current install without deleting your files
Make a restore point beforehand as well, just incase something happens