How to speed up this old xp computer

• Thread starter Deleted member 362816
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 362816

Very old dell dekstop pc that i only use to run a program for a game. I would like to know if there is a way i can dumb this down so it only needs core aplications in order to run to free up cpu speed and ram usage.

Solution
If it is a fresh install of windows, and no peripherals with crazy drivers ( like printers or scanners) are installed, and you disable things like messenger , andwindows search, make sure it has at least 2 gb ram, 7200 RPM hard drive, then you are pretty much there. whole reference libraries are written on "optomizing" XP, but really they are only small incremental improvements.
D

Deleted member 362816

Lol ofc have allready dont that I didnt know if there were other options to speed it up or not

D

Deleted member 362816

windows is a fresh install.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
If it is a fresh install of windows, and no peripherals with crazy drivers ( like printers or scanners) are installed, and you disable things like messenger , andwindows search, make sure it has at least 2 gb ram, 7200 RPM hard drive, then you are pretty much there. whole reference libraries are written on "optomizing" XP, but really they are only small incremental improvements.

Solution
G

When it comes to gaming, i always prefer sticking with general tips such as cleaning registry regularly and deactivating the speed sucking apps from task manager. Increase virtual memory. And above all, i am a gaming freak, so i do overclock my GPU and CPU. I do not know in what capacitance your PC is, but if it can be overclocked, you can have a real gameplay. For your guidance, here is a link to understand how to overclock:

http://www.registryrecycler.com/blog/2013/03/understanding-overclocking-riot-and-solution/