How to split bandwith evenly or get more

InQuisTa

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
My sister hogs all the bandwith when her laptop is on i loss like 70% internet speed, I dont want to do QoS because then I have to do it for every device in the household :L. Is there any other way to get priority?

InQuisTa

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Uh so if I put mine as first priority and leave it as that will it automatically set a random order for other devices because I don't want to set all that stuff for every device.

GeekyDaddy

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
Each manufacture of router has their own means of QoS. Some you can control the protocol, application, IP or/and port. What is she doing that consumes all the bandwidth; streaming video, playing games, downloading music, video chat. QoS will give preference to all those instead of the PC doing web surfing because they are more resource intensive.

You'll need to play with your QoS to determine the best solution. You can also adjust her connection on her Laptop. If it's a LAN connection, then tell the NIC to only connect to 10Mbs instead of the 1Gbs. Depending on your router, you can create segregated WiFi Access Points and limit it's connection.

InQuisTa

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015

She is using wireless from her laptop, can i still restrict that? And my router is a Netcomm wireless NB304n