how to split my dual monitors across three devices

Bdee1

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2004
So I have two monitors which have DVI and VGA.

I want to share these dual displays between a Mac Mini, a macbook pro and a unraid file server. The unraid file server only needs one monitor but I woudl liek to have dual monitors for the mac mini and the macbook pro. I would also like a simple way to dock the macbook pro.

I was lookign at the Belkin thunderbolt 2 dock for docking the macbook pro. I also thought about a kvm for each monitor but I'm not quite sure how to make this work.

Can anyone tell me the simplest solution to accomplish this?

Solution
You can use HDMI-to-DVI cable for switch-to-monitor connection. You will lose sound, though - you have to make separate arrangements for switching (if any) of audio outputs.
If all of your computers support HDMI, you can go with two three-port HDMI KVM switches, one for each monitor. Connect keyboard/mouse to the switch where your server is connected.

In the past, there used to be also switches with physical button to switch inputs. With little hacking you could probably make ome button controlling both switches.

Bdee1

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2004
thanks for the response. Although the computer do support HDMI (one port only - I am trying to hook up two monitors to each computer), the monitors only support vga or DVI.