How To: Spybot 2 Free Step-by-Step Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
its really bad that free apps have sold out lately .. they are full with ads and spyware ... i use fillehippo that stores past versions and i still use zonealarm 9.14 , i really dont want more free apps doing this ..

Markon101

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
Do all your browsing in a virtual machine. (virtualbox) Also, if you're really paranoid you can always use snapshots to revert your VM.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]infernocy[/nom]its really bad that free apps have sold out lately .. they are full with ads and spyware ... i use fillehippo that stores past versions and i still use zonealarm 9.14 , i really dont want more free apps doing this ..[/citation]
I'm not sure what exactly Tom's meant by "crapware", this option appears to merely automate the installation process. I installed on two systems both ways and this option doesn't include any advertisements or spyware.

Hopefully Tom's can be a bit more descriptive with what they mean before suggesting software they are reviewing includes spyware within the installation. Whoever did this review seemed to be more interested in hitting the 'print screen' key rather than actually writing an in-depth and well thought out review.

I've been using Spybot for years and I'm surprised they have a new version out. Maybe after a few days of use I should write a real review...

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]I'm not sure what exactly Tom's meant by "crapware", this option appears to merely automate the installation process. I installed on two systems both ways and this option doesn't include any advertisements or spyware.Hopefully Tom's can be a bit more descriptive with what they mean before suggesting software they are reviewing includes spyware within the installation. Whoever did this review seemed to be more interested in hitting the 'print screen' key rather than actually writing an in-depth and well thought out review.I've been using Spybot for years and I'm surprised they have a new version out. Maybe after a few days of use I should write a real review...[/citation]

When you install free software , most of them have additional options in the start but even if you say dont install them , the installer still install them ... also look at the comments on filehippo
http://www.filehippo.com/download_spybot_search_destroy/comments/

egmccann

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]infernocy[/nom]When you install free software , most of them have additional options in the start but even if you say dont install them , the installer still install them ... also look at the comments on filehippo http://www.filehippo.com/download_ [...] /comments/[/citation]

Yes, the point is that Spybot isn't doing that. I was curious as well and ran through the install. The only thing I got with Spybot was Spybot. (As opposed to, say, going to get Flash and ending up with it and Mcafee System Scan and Do Nothing About It.)

Status
Not open for further replies.