How to start custom build for the First time

Chevlynf

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016
Hey guys,

So I just placed an order for a custom build Pc with the configuration mentioned below and it should be delivered by tomorrow.

So skipping the assembly I just wanted help with booting it up for the first time

Mobo - Asus X99-A
I7 - 5820K
windows 10 on a thumb drive
GPU ASUS GTX970
SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250
HDD SEAGATE 1TB SSHD

How do I get about with it do I need to download any drivers of the Asus website or any other drivers for that matter.

This is my first build looking for some support.

Thanks Guys!

Solution
If it's pre-built, it should come with the Windows and drivers installed. If it doesn't, just plug the thumb drive in and boot up, you might have to hit something like f10 or f12 to get the boot options menu and select the thumb drive. Follow the on screen prompts for Windows. After you get Windows up and running, install the latest drivers. If you're not familiar with finding the drivers individually, you can download and run Slimdrivers, which should find all the latest drivers for you and give you the option to install them.

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

Victorion

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
assemble the parts (there is a stickied guide on the forum)
Then your drivers are usually in CD format with hardware - but the easiest is just to visit each website and download the driver. I´d recommend to install mobo drivers, soundcard and video drivers first - then mouse keyboard and monitor drivers if any. Obviously you need to install Windows 10 first.

If it's pre-built, it should come with the Windows and drivers installed. If it doesn't, just plug the thumb drive in and boot up, you might have to hit something like f10 or f12 to get the boot options menu and select the thumb drive. Follow the on screen prompts for Windows. After you get Windows up and running, install the latest drivers. If you're not familiar with finding the drivers individually, you can download and run Slimdrivers, which should find all the latest drivers for you and give you the option to install them.

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

Solution

TRENDING THREADS