[SOLVED] How to start up 2 computers with one power button

May 1, 2020
Currently, I have a really neat project I've been developing for the past year or so. It's essentially a system made up of 2 separate computers that power and maintain a constantly running and developing neural network. Because of the limited CPU power in the PCs that I'm using, one PC specifically handles the neural network, and the other handles all else that is not as much work. It would be nice if I could link these PCs so that by powering up one of them, the other will power on as well, so I don't have to start both of them. They don't have to start synchronously. If needed, one can start and then somehow trigger the other to start. I have considered just using a surge protector strip and have both PC's BIOS set to wake after power loss, but I would much rather have the sequence software-based. Is there a way to pull this off?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: some more info on the PCs
One computer is an Inspiron 570 running windows 7 home premium
The other is an ACER Aspire T running windows 8.1

Last edited:
Solution
Currently, I have a really neat project I've been developing for the past year or so. It's essentially a system made up of 2 separate computers that power and maintain a constantly running and developing neural network. Because of the limited CPU power in the PCs that I'm using, one PC specifically handles the neural network, and the other handles all else that is not as much work. It would be nice if I could link these PCs so that by powering up one of them, the other will power on as well, so I don't have to start both of them. They don't have to start synchronously. If needed, one can start and then somehow trigger the other to start. I have considered just using a surge protector strip and have both PC's BIOS set to wake after...

kanewolf

Titan
Currently, I have a really neat project I've been developing for the past year or so. It's essentially a system made up of 2 separate computers that power and maintain a constantly running and developing neural network. Because of the limited CPU power in the PCs that I'm using, one PC specifically handles the neural network, and the other handles all else that is not as much work. It would be nice if I could link these PCs so that by powering up one of them, the other will power on as well, so I don't have to start both of them. They don't have to start synchronously. If needed, one can start and then somehow trigger the other to start. I have considered just using a surge protector strip and have both PC's BIOS set to wake after power loss, but I would much rather have the sequence software-based. Is there a way to pull this off?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: some more info on the PCs
One computer is an Inspiron 570 running windows 7 home premium
The other is an ACER Aspire T running windows 8.1
If they have LAN connectivity, then setup one to wake on LAN, and power the second one manually. The as part of starting, the second PC sends the wake message to the other PC.

Solution