Reputable
Dec 17, 2016
So I bought a used gpu
asus rx 480 dual oc edition.
I wanted to do some stress tests on my gpu to make sure its working fine
Can you please suggest some good stress softwares
And how long should I stress GPU. What's the minimum time I should stress it

Please reply ASAP

The best IMO is Superposition. It's tool most people will use to OC the GPU along MSI afterburner to monitor temps on the fly on screen along with GPU/Mem usage.

Well, the duration of the stress test should be almost irrelevant unless OC'ing. At stock and working correctly the GPU should be able to run for hours at a time with no issues whatsoever. It's different if OC'ing because once you change the stock settings to OC, if the OC isn't stable it will show screen artefacts and may crash.

The worst that will happen is it will crash at stock or OC, and then you will know if there's an issue.

Abbas_Dhd

Reputable
Dec 17, 2016

How long I should use it?

Just edited my post there. The superposition run takes about 5 mins. It gets the GPU hot, and up to full turbo speed. As wildcard999 said, and I mentioned in the edit. You can run them as much as you like, minding the artefacts which illustrate an issue. But like i mentioned your GPU at stock should run it or any game indefinitely, asides from other variable like OS crashes or a buggy game or something.

Abbas_Dhd

Reputable
Dec 17, 2016

Actually I'm doing it right now