Question How to stop antimalware service executable?

Jul 17, 2021
Antimalware service executable is always running in the background in my windows 10 laptop. It consumes so much Ram & disk usage. I tried many ways to stop it: every option in windows defender firewall is disabled, every toggle under virus & threat protection settings in set to 'off', made some other changes in local group policy & registry editor (as suggested by YouTube videos). Nothing works, antimalware service executable is running as usual. It makes my laptop unfit to use. Please suggest some effective truly working ways to disable it completely

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jun 12, 2015
stuff like this? the program he trying to stop is part of defender. I don't see any virus involved unless its reason its always running.

I think from ops other thread he is going to reinstall anyway.

Jul 17, 2021
Run another antivirus program. That is about only way to stop it running. It protects itself from being closed otherwise.
If I install a 3rd party antivirus to stop antimalware service executable, will the new one run every time & drain my resources same as the ASE?

Cj-tech

Prominent
Jan 27, 2021
If I install a 3rd party antivirus to stop antimalware service executable, will the new one run every time & drain my resources same as the ASE?
If you have an antivirus with real-time protection, it will always be running in the background. Though it should not use very significant amounts of system resources unless doing a scan for viruses.

Reactions: Mandark
The fact that it’s constantly running and using up tons of resources means something is drastically wrong

Do you really want to be applying Band-Aids at this point or do you want to solve the issue

do an offline scan with a good antivirus and see what it says

Reactions: Cj-tech

iutkarshkumar

Commendable
Apr 6, 2020
There are multiple ways to stop antimalware service but you may follow the below link to stop the antimalware service executable on your Windows PC.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS