How to stop CPU from underclocking with a non working fan

MotsHardware132

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Hello, my hp pavillion g6 fan recently stopped working and the whole system is underclocking itself to about 1.4 ghz when the stock speed is 2.4 ghz. Anyway to stop the CPU from throttling.I know what you are thinking,why dont i just fix the fan and not risk anything, well this laptop is quite old and has gone through a lot, i am getting a new PC some time soon and i just need this one to work at it's normal speed a little longer.I have tried to use ThrottleStop but it does not seem to be working.The BIOS doesnt include any clock speed options since its a prebuild laptop.Any other things i can try?

MotsHardware132

Commendable
May 17, 2016

its barely usible though,even 1 open thing(browser) starts lagging everything, cant watch videos, cant pretty much do anything

MotsHardware132

Commendable
May 17, 2016

i have tried to look around but i live in eastern europe in a city quite small, and even if i do find something its just not going to be used for long. there is no one this laptop is going to be given to,most likely going to be locked in some drawer or something

The web is a wonderful place and you can have it shipped to you. If you aren't going to be using it for long then my suggestion is deal with it under clocking.

MotsHardware132

Commendable
May 17, 2016

i have checked on the web too(at least the local websites) my lack of any electronic payment method kind of leaves me with no other options than to look around local parts websites and none of them seem to have the right replacement fan

MotsHardware132

Commendable
May 17, 2016

Current temps are 88*C with mutliplier jumping between 16-19.And one of the reasons i dont want to change it is because it will not be used anymore and there is no reason to fix it when it will be put away in some cupboard