Question How to stop Logitech G935 from auto adjusting, sounds horrible when loud

b.eggersglusz

Reputable
Mar 26, 2018
Hello, I recently bought a pair of Logitech g935,
Overall pretty happy, the wireless range and sound quality is amazing. The only issue I'm having is that the mic sounds pretty terrible, That was to be expected but I thought with some adjusting I could fix the sound issues. Only problem is that in Logitech G Hub, the mic volume/gain auto adjusts itself, now I'm not just coming here without trying literally everything first.

I already have gone to my sound settings and turned off "allow applications to take control of this device" I've also turned off Gain Control on Steam, Discord and any other application running. I checked in my Microphone Privacy Settings to see which applications were actively using my mic and made sure active gain was turned off across all of them. I've made sure all my drivers are up to date. I've set up my mic through windows mic recognition system. I've also restarted my computer after all these changes to see if it helps. Yet when I go into GHUB and speak, I can still see the mic volume adjusting. This is an issue because it sounds fine when I talk softly, but the moment I go too loud the mic starts to sound choppy, reverbed, unclear or static. Common problem when you have your mic volume turned too high. However, I can't turn it down. I can't change it. The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling the Logitech Software which I don't want to do considering that would disable the surround sound feature, the customizable button feature.

Is there a way to hard limit the mic volume in the registry perhaps. I had a pair of Razer Man 'o wars which sounded 10x better than these. And a pair of Logitech g332's (which on top of being much older and cheaper) sound much cleaner/clearer, not sure if its something to do with the 3.5mm jack input.

I saved up for these headphones, saw a lot of promising reviews, more good than bad but with the auto adjusting being unable to turn off. they are a big let down. I also tried Logitech gaming software, but it doesn't seem like they get picked up with that software.

Reactions: Swing Vertigo

Ralston18

Titan
Stay out of the Registry. Registry editing is a last resort and must be preceded by ensuring that your system (including registry) is fully backed up.

And you really need to know where the edit goes and what needs to be added, changed, or deleted. Could require multiple entries.

Do the headphones and specifically the microphone work on another known working computer or audio device?

Do other known working headphones work on your computer?

Determine if the problem follows the headphones or stays with the computer.

And I am curious about the "surround sound" issue holding you back from reinstalling Logitech G Hub.

Perhaps the initial installation is buggy, corrupt, or was misconfigured in some manner.

Why not just reinstall the Logitech software and test first without the surround sound customization and then again with the customization reinstated?

The surround sound feature may be the the problem or perhaps a contributing factor.

b.eggersglusz

Reputable
Mar 26, 2018
Ghub has a very specific type of surround sound software allowing you to individually adjust directions of the audio. However this isn't the only reason we don't want to uninstall the software, you can also use different profiles for different games, the buttons on the back can be customized to do what you want, like deafening or muting oneself on a specific application. I also use Arx Control in the software for Hardware and Peripheral monitoring. The software is a big selling point, especially when I have 2 other Logitech peripherals (Mouse and Keyboard) which also rely on the software, We tried with Logitech Gaming Software and it didnt pick up the headset or my keyboard, only my mouse was supported, when we tried the new software we uninstalled ghub, we even tried downgrading 2-5 versions of GHUB and it didn't work.

So we have tried different software, reinstalling the software including older versions of it. The problem follows on my Laptop. And as far as I can see through google searches many other people are having the problem where no matter how much they disable gain control or windows taking control of the device, GHUB still adjusts the mic. Wondering if there is a way to take away mic permission from GHUB specifically and only ghub.

The only reason im mentioning registry is because it seems to be the only thing that I can think of that would hard limit the volume level. Or possibly even use the registry to take away mic access from GHUB since if I navigate to Microphone > Microphone Privacy Settings, the only apps I can take away control from is Windows Applications.

my problem is that i can turn down the volume of my mic on Discord, however then GHUB will turn my mic volume lower too if im talking softly then nobody can hear me. So then I turn my volume up on discord but then when I talk loudly, everyone moans im hurting their ears and I sound choppy since the software at that point is just taking my raw output and boosting its volume. Then if I turn Gain control on for Discord same problem just automated.

Overall i can "deal" with the problem but the headset cost $150 and thats an expensive item just to be ruined by Logitech leaving out a simple auto adjust option toggle.
my $40 g322s with analogue 3.5mm jack sounds better than these $150 pair of headphones, guess its a prime example of higher price doesnt mean better.