[SOLVED] How to stop or delay a Bluetooth mouse from going to sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dekw04

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
Hi everyone.

I have a Bluetooth mouse that goes to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity.

I want to either disable this feature so that it no longer goes to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity OR delay how long it takes for it to go to sleep.

The mouse is a Gearhead Bluetooth mouse model number MBT9650RED.

Right now the Bluetooth mouse seems to go to sleep after about two minutes of inactivity.

The problem is that I have to move it around for a few seconds for it to wake up and become useful again after it's gone to sleep.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit as my operating system.

Is there a setting I can change within this operating system that will either force my Bluetooth mouse to stay awake or delay how long it takes for it to go to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity?

In other words, how can either I stop or delay my Bluetooth mouse from going to sleep?

Thank you for any help you can provide with this issue.

Solution
Unfortunately the vast majority of the time this power saving feature is hard wired into the device itself. For further disappointment I found the manual for the mouse and it made absolutely zero mention of any way to change the timeout. Now, there may be some resource I haven't found, heck I can't even find a manufacturer's website, but I think you may just have to deal with it or replace it. It isn't the optimal option, but it is all I've got. Sorry.
Unfortunately the vast majority of the time this power saving feature is hard wired into the device itself. For further disappointment I found the manual for the mouse and it made absolutely zero mention of any way to change the timeout. Now, there may be some resource I haven't found, heck I can't even find a manufacturer's website, but I think you may just have to deal with it or replace it. It isn't the optimal option, but it is all I've got. Sorry.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS