How to stop visual effects?

XP Pro

Found the section to alter visual settings however there is one I want to disable.

When you have a window open and you move it, the windows does a scrolling type of effect -
quickly disappears and reappears from top to bottom or vice versa. Too quick to work out.
I cannot stand it doing that and it did not do it before I reinstalled XP today.

Thanks

Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab | Effects button |
UNCheck: ? Show window contents while dragging | OK |
Apply | OK

[[Specifies whether to display window contents as you move or size it. When
this check box is cleared, you can see only the outline when you move a
window.]]

Start | Run | Type or Paste:

control sysdm.cpl,system,3

Click OK | Performance Settings button |

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User