How to stop XP dos window closing

TC

How do i stop a dos window closing after the completion of commands. In NT &
98 there used to be a user option in properties (I think I remember) but not
in XP

Ideas ?

Thanks
--
Tobit

Hi

Are you running the commands from a command prompt - type

cmd

from Start>Run.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"TC" <tc@DON'TSPAMMEtcassociates.co.uk> wrote in message

> How do i stop a dos window closing after the completion of commands. In NT
> & 98 there used to be a user option in properties (I think I remember) but
> not in XP
>
> Ideas ?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Tobit

TC

Sure - opening a cmd.exe is no problem, but it involves typing. But I what
is a shotcut to a bat file of a cmd file in which a netstat commands is
written. One click on a shortcut and the window opens and runs the netstat
and then remains open displaying the info - can't see a way to do this in
the new inproved windows

--
Tobit

Aaron McKenna

use the /k switch after the cmd

ex: cmd /k netstat -a

hth,
aaron

| Sure - opening a cmd.exe is no problem, but it involves typing. But I what
| is a shotcut to a bat file of a cmd file in which a netstat commands is
| written. One click on a shortcut and the window opens and runs the netstat
| and then remains open displaying the info - can't see a way to do this in
| the new inproved windows
|
| --
| Tobit

/k

i.e... cmd /k netstat -<parms>

Enter CMD /? at a Command Prompt for further parameter options.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.