News How to Stream Netflix, Fix YouTube on Raspberry Pi

Jul 21, 2020
Hi!
I got the following error

Invalid desktop entry file: '/usr/share/applications/chromium-media-browser.desktop'

And apparently no one has an explanation.

Regards

Jul 29, 2020
I get the same error. Sadly, there does not appear to be an installation candidate for chromium-browser in raspberry pi os 64 bit.

Is there an extra step or a repository that needs to be added?

Aug 21, 2020
So far so good, but I got an HTML5 error from Netflix.
Hulu and YouTube are smooth as butter.

Sep 11, 2020
I feel the linux community is filled with clowns when I read tutorials like this. Don't put command lines in one text box without putting a clear space for separation. I know <Mod Edit> about command lines. I don't know when the first part of the command stops and the other starts. And it's not my first time troubleshooting <Mod Edit> on Linux based systems where the community explains their fix with stupid shortcuts for their sentences. Explain properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 16, 2020
I have an Orange Pi plus 2e and have the problem with not being able to play amazon, which is a little frustrating as I purchased it to use as a sort of tv box. Anyway tried this and while it did seem to install allright, the Chromium Media would not start. I guess it is too different from the Raspberry.

helpful55

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
I still get the unsupported format error when I try to play YouTube (TV) videos. Will this not work with YouTubeTV? or any idea what is still wrong? Otherwise any idea what would make my pi 3 work with YouTubeTV? I may not even need 1080p although it would be nice.

ASK THE COMMUNITY