Question How to stream with 2 GPUs?

Sep 10, 2020
I have r5 2600 and RTX 2070 plus my old GTX 1060 6gb, how do i stream using the 2070 only for gaming and the 1060 for everything else?

I do know that on consumer grade cpus there is not enough bandwidth to give both gpus 16x lanes and all that jazz because i tried it before and my 2070 did tank in performance (i tried to stream mount and blade bannerlord, war thunder in vr, especially bannerlord couldn't run on lowest settings 1080p without hiccups, texture not loading and couldn't get more then 45 fps, war thunder just stuttered as hell) so the division of lanes on the number of gpus is true.

BUT

One of my friends did the same, he has an i7 9700 and 1060 6 gb as main and 950 ti as the streaming gpu, and he told me he was streaming fine with no frame or any kind of performance loss. Obviously i called bull**** and told him to show me, and yes, somehow he ran the game at stable 75 frames(its his monitor weird refresh rate) 1080p, max settings with 1000 soldiers on screen (1000 is the max number in the game) no lag no frame loss, nothing. He told me that he just ran the game on 1060, and selected 950 as render gpu in obs. the question is, WTF?

Sep 10, 2020
THere are six CPU generations between you and your friend. Streaming takes a lot of CPU cycles.
dude our cpus are a year apart, but it doesn't matter because we use nvenc codec, both cpus have 16 lanes ONLY FOR THE GPU USE (my r5 has 4 more for nvme and stuff but thats irrelevant) and thats why i made this post, because on this issue there are two types of post: people who ask how to do 2 gpu streaming/recording and people who say that this is a bad idea because of reasons i already mentioned.