How to stretch a game across three monitors?

studven

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
Hello, so I have a GTX Titan, one of the originals so it isn't a Titan Black or Z. I had one QNIX 2710 monitor and wanted to get two more for surround gaming. Unfortunately, because they are 2560x1440 they can only use DVI, and I only had two on the Titan. After talking to EVGA they said that because there were no more original Titans I could get a 970 just for the extra dvi port. I wouldn't be able to do SLI but I could still do surround. After I got my 970 working I couldn't get Nvidia surround to work, and after talking to evga again they told me I couldn't do surround. I can play Minecraft surround by just stretching the screen across all three monitors, and I can do the same with other programs like internet explorer or firefox. However, games on steam cannot be stretched because they have fixed aspect ratios in windowed mode. Is there anyway to unlock the aspect ratio on games to stretch it across, or is there anyway to get Nvidia surround or a similar interface to work?

You can surround on the single Titan. You just need to use a displayport connection for one of your monitors. Getting a 970 would be a terrible idea, unless you could put it to use. I'm also pretty certain you cannot setup a surround setup, for gaming across 3 monitors at once, unless it is connected to a single card, or multiple cards that are in SLI.

studven

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

I tried getting a dvi->displayport adapter and then using the other two dvi ports if that's what you mean but the adapter didn't work. Unless you mean something else? Thank you so much for your response

Solution