[SOLVED] How to swap parts ?

Apr 8, 2021
Hi Fellow PC fans
Ive been wanting to upgrade my PC's Graphic card like everybody else i guess but the cost and availability is mad, at least here in the UK,
my current Rig is as follows
InWin 303 case
Coolermaster masterwatt 650W
ryzen R5 3600
Red devil RX580 8gb
32gb XPG 3400mhz ddr4
1gb Nvme ssd
1gb hyperX ssd
3gb firecuda hdd
1gb Firecuda hdd
MSI gaming pro max b450 mobo
ID-COOLING SE-234-ARGB CPU Cooler AM4 CPU Cooler
EZDIY-FAB Moonlight 120mm RGB PWM Case Fan with RGB PWM Fan Hub 5 case fans

ive been mad and brought a prebuilt from Ebuyer in the UK which basically has a rtx 3070 and a r7 3700x
the rest of their system isnt as good as i have.
So my question eventually is before i turn on the new Ebuyer PC can i swap the GPU and CPU into my current rig and put older parts into Ebuyer system.
being as i am putting nvidia into my amd system and vice versa with the new system. do i need to uninstall the GPU drivers on the ebuyer new PC before removing the GPU.
i will uninstall the AMD drivers on my old PC with DDU.
Any help to do this is safely and easy would be much appreciated as i want to sell the Ebuyer system once i have my old CPU and GPU put in
take care and keep safe

Sean

Solution
First verify that the new pc works properly.

To swap graphics cards, all you need to do, in theory is to change out the cards and install the new driver.
One should first simply uninstall the old amd software and drivers.
There will be recommendations to run DDU to remove the residual of the old drivers.
I do not think this is necessary and DDU may contain unwanted software, depending on where you downloaded it from.

Do the same on the ebuyer pc to install the Rx580.

You can always try DDU later if you run into problems.

I might consider not changing out the processor.
What you get with the 3700X is 16 threads vs. 12 for the 3600.
The single thread performance boost is small, perhaps 4%
Keeping the old is safer and easier.

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
So my question eventually is before i turn on the new Ebuyer PC can i swap the GPU and CPU into my current rig and put older parts into Ebuyer system.
You can but as #2 said you should try it before doing anything, if everything works then swap the parts.

i will uninstall the AMD drivers on my old PC with DDU.
tbh a fresh install would be better

Reactions: AJRimmer
Apr 8, 2021
Potential problem....what if this system does not work out of the box?
Some part is faulty. You'll never know, and any warranty will be null and void.
Yes that's very true. And if I check the system first I can then uninstall the Nvidia drivers ready to out the old RX580 in. Thanks for the quick reply. It's a shame had to buy a while system just to get a rtx 3070 but I may actually not come out of it to bad if get say £1000 for the system making the 3070 cheap

Apr 8, 2021
You can but as #2 said you should try it before doing anything, if everything works then swap the parts.

tbh a fresh install would be better
Yes true a fresh install is better. I'll see what else I have on my boot drive which strangely is the SSD not the NVme M.2 as things grow as you add more stuff.
Like most I guess I don't want to have to install a massive steam/epic library again.

Apr 8, 2021
If your steam library is on a separate drive you do not need to re- download your games.
Just reinstall steam and tell it to look for games on your other drive.
It will find your library and add all links etc....
Thank you that will save ages. My steam library a bit all over the place but don't think any is on the Boot SSD, might be some on the NVme m.2 and over the Firecuda drives

USAFRet

Titan
Thank you that will save ages. My steam library a bit all over the place but don't think any is on the Boot SSD, might be some on the NVme m.2 and over the Firecuda drives
Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

To swap graphics cards, all you need to do, in theory is to change out the cards and install the new driver.
There will be recommendations to run DDU to remove the residual of the old drivers.
I do not think this is necessary and DDU may contain unwanted software, depending on where you downloaded it from.

Solution
Apr 8, 2021

Thank you that's a lot of useful information, I probably will change out the CPU. Selling the ebuyer pc with a 3600 or 3700x isn't going to effect what I can get for it. And might as well have the extra grunt for higher core count work like editing and rendering, even streaming possibly.
Thanks again for the great information

Apr 8, 2021
Thank you that's a lot of useful information, I probably will change out the CPU. Selling the ebuyer pc with a 3600 or 3700x isn't going to effect what I can get for it. And might as well have the extra grunt for higher core count work like editing and rendering, even streaming possibly.
Thanks again for the great information
Hi new pc worked great out the box, deleted amd drivers from my pc with DDU, out new CPU and GPU in and worked great. Same with the new Ebuyer one.
Thanks for all your help