How to switch USB-C to DP output from HD Graphics to GPU (Notebook: Dell Inspiron 7577)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliasweber1998

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 7577 Gaming Laptop and want to use it with an external 144hz Monitor by Acer manly for playing Games.
Therfore I bought a usb-c(with Thunderbold 3) to Displayport wire to get the full 144 hz. But somehow if I start Overwatch my dedicated GPU (GTX 1060 MaxQ) has a usage of just up to 50% of its power while the integrated Intel Hd GPU also uses 50%. This leads to much less Fps then if I would just use the 1060 at full Power. After I disabled Intel HD Graphics I got much more GPU usage out of my 1060 but sadly my USB- C port wont function and I just can see the 50% more FPS at my notebook Display at 60hz. My Laptop also has a HDMI 2.0 which would still function and is seemingly directly connected to the GPU but my monitor has no HDMI 2.0. Im despratly searching for a solution of this problem but I just cant find a way to disable HD Graphics while still be able to use the USB - C port.
Is there some driver available to connect the 1060 to this port or is it a Hardware based Problem? Im also wondering if its possible to cut the HD Graphics usage to a minimum to get more out of my GPU.
I would be super gratefull if someone could help me witch this because Im just clueless.

Solution
Also, before you buy a new monitor, the Dell Inspiron 7577 laptop does NOT suport HDMI 2.0 4k @ 60hz. I connected my 4k HDMI 2.0 monitor and it only worked at 30hz (like HDMI 1.4). Got in touch with Dell and they tested and confirmed it.

kurzweilkurzweil

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Also, before you buy a new monitor, the Dell Inspiron 7577 laptop does NOT suport HDMI 2.0 4k @ 60hz. I connected my 4k HDMI 2.0 monitor and it only worked at 30hz (like HDMI 1.4). Got in touch with Dell and they tested and confirmed it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.