Question How to Synchronise files between laptop and memory stick.

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
I have looked online about this. First thing I saw was you had to have a special folder called briefcase. I then found out that in Windows 10 this is removed in favour of Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive but this is a cloud based system. I want to do it Laptop to memory stick strait. I am getting lost with file date conflicts here.

Is there a third party software with a split screen window with all the options? That would be cool. Maybe even between memory sticks.

USAFRet

Titan
I have looked online about this. First thing I saw was you had to have a special folder called briefcase. I then found out that in Windows 10 this is removed in favour of Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive but this is a cloud based system. I want to do it Laptop to memory stick strait. I am getting lost with file date conflicts here.

Is there a third party software with a split screen window with all the options? That would be cool. Maybe even between memory sticks.
SyncBackFree or FreeFileSync

I've used both in the past.

D

Deleted member 14196

My favorite synchronization tool is total commander. It has a highly customizable synchronization functionality

The file copy is far more efficient and robust than windows copy. It is well worth the cost of the license but you can use it for free as well

Also it meets your requirement for a dual pane explorer

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Thanks I tried Free file sync but I could not get it to update. I am trying your suggested software. Total commander. I have a folder on memory stick E and one on the hard disk C . Right hand panel has a file in red which is older.

I can not see a button on the top ribbon saying SYNC. Can you help me please.