[SOLVED] How to take ownership of all files and folders?

corrupt120

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
I was trying to edit a text file earlier in my program files, I got the annoying "you don't have permission to access this file, see owner of file or admin blah blah" prompt so I had to drag the file to desktop to edit it.
What I want to know is if there is a way to prevent this prompt from ever popping up again. I'm not too concerned with being able to access specific files, I just never want to see that annoying message ever again. I am the admin of the PC and all of the files on it are mine, so I should not need to prove any permission or ownership in order to access or edit the files.
Since the PC is too dumb to know who's in charge, how do we let the little guy know who the boss is? There is only one account and it is an administrator account, UAC is turned off as well, so how do we get the PC to stop asking the administrator for administrator permission?

Any help is appreciated. It's a very minor inconvenience but I find it really annoying.
Thanks.

Solution
So ok try this:-

From the issue description, I understand that you are getting error “You don't currently have permission to access this folder” while access a folder in Windows 10
I will certainly help you with this issue.

Let’s give permission to the folder and check if that helps. Follow these steps to give permissions to the drive.
a) Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select Properties.
b) Click on ‘Security’ tab and under ‘Group or user names’ click on ‘Edit’.
c) Click on ‘Add’ and type ‘everyone’.
d) Click on ‘Check names’ and then click ‘OK’.
e) Select ‘everyone’ and under ‘Allow’ select ‘Full control’ and...

corrupt120

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
It was just a generic .ini file for a video game, nothing important at all. The file is already edited, I'm just frustrated that I had to move it to desktop in order to save the edit.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
So ok try this:-

From the issue description, I understand that you are getting error “You don't currently have permission to access this folder” while access a folder in Windows 10
I will certainly help you with this issue.

Let’s give permission to the folder and check if that helps. Follow these steps to give permissions to the drive.
a) Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select Properties.
b) Click on ‘Security’ tab and under ‘Group or user names’ click on ‘Edit’.
c) Click on ‘Add’ and type ‘everyone’.
d) Click on ‘Check names’ and then click ‘OK’.
e) Select ‘everyone’ and under ‘Allow’ select ‘Full control’ and click on ‘Apply’ and Click ‘Ok’.

For any help related to Windows you may ask me.

Solution