How to take screenshots of Far Cry 3 (uplay)

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I haven't been able to find anything in Google related to this, but i just want to take a few screenshots of this amazing looking game.

uplay doesn't seem to have a built in function for screenshots, and the default ctrl+print screen comes out as a solid black image.

I tried a few programs, greenshot and one other, and both of them would not take screen shots while in a game.

If anyone knows of a program that will work, or if there is a built in function i am missing, please let me know!

Thanks

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

That's exactly what i was experiencing with the 2 programs i tried, as well as the default. The video would lock up for 5-10 seconds why the sound continued, and the screenshot would be solid black.

Maybe its just not possible right now? I've played the game a total of ~2 hours, and the game crashed 3 times while in the menus, on top of the screenshot issue.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

Ok thanks, ill give it a try when i get home from work :)

computer_noob

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009

Yes, that's what I mean. The screenshots I am taking with Afterburner are coming out black.

EDIT: PrtScr and the screenshots are in Documents/My Games/Far Cry 3 folder. Missed it.