How to talk through the computer speaker using a microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

loseit

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
I have laptop using vista home premium. My microphone is not working. I read some of the solutions in this discussions, however none of them work for me. The reason is that when I go to playback on speakers property, there is no microphone for me to mute. What else can I do for microphone to play through the computer speaker.

Thanks team,
loseit

digitalvivo

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
your question isnt very clear...

anyway I will try to help you as much as I can. If you are trying to record using a mic there should be an external mic option on your laptop. This would be the easiest solution. If you do not have an option like this logitech (among other companies) makes a USB mic.

Another option although not a very good one is to plug headphones or speakers into the external mic port and use that as a mic. Doesnt sound good and it isnt amplified, but will work to an extent.

Not sure if this helps but post back with your intentions and you may get a better response.

loseit

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Thannks digitalvivo for trying to help.

I am sorry for not being too clear but I did not want to be too long.

I will try to elaborate a little more. Actually, I bought a Bluetooth Jabra headset yesteday and wanted to use it as a wireless mic of my laptop ( home premium OS). I installed it correctly, as my computer is able to recognised the bluetooth headset and when I tested it through properties I saw indication on the test screen when I talk but I heard no sound through the computer speakers. I tried some suggestions of this discussion site to no avail. I believe if I am able to mute the mic from the speakers, it might work. Hope this clarification worked.

Thanks again,
loseit

loseit

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Again team, thanks for your help,

I would get the wondows 7 this weekend and upgrade my vists, hope this helps. I read some of the reviews and most people were seeing the microphone on the speaker playback level from the sound card. If I get up to this stage, I believe, the microphone will play through the speakers, otherwise, I will change my sound drive, conexant high definition smart audio HD2 or chek the registry to enable the microphone on the playback speaker level.

You may see me again for IT help.

Thanks,
Loseithighexpectationofwindows 7.

loseit

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Windows 7 solve the issues, however, this forum was very useful to understand the issue. After I upgraded to windows, the issue still was not resolved because the mic did not show up on the playback volume. however, in recording, there was a listening tab where I was able to playback the mic through the speakers and it worked. I understand the concepts through these forums and thank you very much to maintain this forum. It is very helpful and useful.

Thanks,
Gainit.

Status
Not open for further replies.