[SOLVED] How to tell if two SSDs are RAIDed properly

Jan 26, 2020
So a lot has happened to my PC in the last day or so, and the question posted in the subject of this thread is so far the closest approximation of what's been happening.

A day ago my computer shutoff unexpectedly after gaming, and when I turned it on again, there was no graphics output from my GPU, but graphics output still worked from the motherboard. When testing what was going wrong, I decided to reset my CMOS as a last ditch effort.

After the CMOS reset, upon rebooting my PC I was met with a missing OS error. Now, my OS is on a set of RAID 0 SSDs (yeah I know that was an awful idea), and BIOS is still recognizing that both drives still exist, but I dont know if they are still RAIDed properly.

If anyone can help me figure this out or has some suggestions on what's going wrong with my PC, that would be much appreciated

Specs:
*Asrock Z97 killer
*Intel i5-4440
*Nvidia 1660 ti (currently not plugged in)
The two SSDs are both like 7 years old. One is an Intel the other is sandisk

Last edited:
Solution
Dammit, I meant BIOS not OS. You set SATA mode back to RAID (Intel RST/Premium, whatever it's called) and it should see the array again. After that you have to reboot again and go back into the BIOS to set boot order.

(if the RAID is messed up there is a way to retrieve data as well, hopefully it won't come to that)
Dammit, I meant BIOS not OS. You set SATA mode back to RAID (Intel RST/Premium, whatever it's called) and it should see the array again. After that you have to reboot again and go back into the BIOS to set boot order.

(if the RAID is messed up there is a way to retrieve data as well, hopefully it won't come to that)

Reactions: MrUnderscoreCool
Solution
Jan 26, 2020

Yup, this fixed it. Such an easy oversight on my part. Now onto figuring out if my gpu is busted

Reactions: Maxxify