[SOLVED] How to tell monthly usage time?

khodex1997

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Hi! I was wondering if windows had a feature that can tell you how often your PC is on a month?

Or if there was a program that could start on boot and record this stat along with which programs are used time wise as well?

I want to determine how much time I have my computer on a month and how much of that time is spent gaming.

Reactions: xenthia
Solution
Hi! I was wondering if windows had a feature that can tell you how often your PC is on a month?

Or if there was a program that could start on boot and record this stat along with which programs are used time wise as well?

I want to determine how much time I have my computer on a month and how much of that time is spent gaming.
Windows actually keeps track of its usage, power on hour entirely and power on per session.
As an example you can install AIDA64, and you can see that information by going to Operating System > UpTime, my system has only been 'up' or 'on' for 18 days in the last year for example.

Also you can take a look at:
Bash:
wmic path Win32_OperatingSystem
^ which is a command you should run in either power shell...

kanewolf

Titan

You could look at the power on hours of your system disk.
I don't know of anything that will tell you how much of that time is gaming.

You could probably get some of the parental control software. Install it and get usage reports.

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012

Windows actually keeps track of its usage, power on hour entirely and power on per session.
As an example you can install AIDA64, and you can see that information by going to Operating System > UpTime, my system has only been 'up' or 'on' for 18 days in the last year for example.

Also you can take a look at:
Bash:
wmic path Win32_OperatingSystem
^ which is a command you should run in either power shell or command prompt.

But aside from that I have never seen that feature anywhere else, which is a good thing to have. One thing that can be done is to write a parser that analyses the event logs for on and off events or accidental shutdowns and alike, which would come in handy.

Reactions: khodex1997
Solution