How to tell which programs are slowing down my startup?

Invrlose

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2012
I thought my Kingston Hyperx 3k was starting to die so I migrated my OS to a brand new samsung 850 evo SSD. The problem is when I start my PC, it starts fast. Then about 5 to 10 seconds after the PC starts up, something slows it right down. Let's say I open the search bar on my desktop and try to type "google" in, it will load each letter like 3 seconds apart. Or if I've just turned on my PC and opened up chrome, chrome will load fast like it is supposed to, but then if I type "youtube.com" it will take 15 to 20 seconds for "youtube.com" to populate my URL bar.

The problem does not exist in safe mode, so it has to be a program on startup. I've done a virus scan and found nothing. Malwarebytes has found nothing.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
with win 10 could be anything really. there is a ton of stuff happening at start-up.

i use autoruns https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns to see what is set to start-up and to turn it all off. helped win 10 a ton with those issues. i turned off anything i did not need right away which is just about 99% of the stuff. see what's running and start removing things you don't need right away.

Invrlose

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2012

I realise this is old but for your own information, I ended up doing a fresh install of windows and it was fine again.