[SOLVED] How to test if it's working correctly when buying "USED" CPU on market?

Bach0

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
Besides the physical condition, like bent pins, dents e.t.c how can I make somewhat sure that the CPU is functioning as intended when buying one on eBay for example?
Are there any CPU tests, Benchmarks I can ask seller to do? When I am checking mine I use cinebench r23 and other performance tests like from passmark to measure model's score and compare it to average score. I'm new to this stuff, I need something to test CPU functionality and health like I do with RAM using memtest86 or windows diagnosis. What are your suggestions???

Solution
If the seller says the processor is functional and not damaged, then you have recourse as a buyer from ebay if it fails.
Exercise due diligence on the seller feedback.
Pay only with paypal which will be held in escrow.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
look at buyer feedback section, and only buy from websites with buyer protection.

purchased used cpu from Aliexpress four times, and most worked well. I just observed which seller has multiple positive comment from different countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bach0

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If it's a K cpu, assume it has been overclocked period, no matter what the seller claims. I'd be a lot more trusting of sellers that actually say the cpu has been overclocked, especially if they say at what speeds and voltage and temps.

But that goes for any cpu too. The more info the seller actually supplies, the less likely the cpu is bunk. Sellers saying 'as is' or giving little to no info or photos should be passed over.

Reactions: Bach0