Question How to test my graphics card?

hack3rcon

Reputable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello,
Is there a tool similar to MemTest86 to test graphics card failure? Which one from this list can be suitable for testing graphics card failure?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Cinebench, OCCT, and FurMark are all 3 great programs for testing your graphics card. Keep in mind they test it in different ways as indicated in the article you posted.

What's occurring that makes you think you're experiencing a graphics card failure? Make/model of graphics card?

Reactions: hack3rcon

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
None of them, actually. It's possible to go through all those apps and have nothing happen, but play some games and one of them crashes seemingly randomly, and you're left with no idea what happened.
As many games as possible is the most thorough method, but it is time consuming, and some users are only devoted to one or a few titles.

None of them, actually. It's possible to go through all those apps and have nothing happen, but play some games and one of them crashes seemingly randomly, and you're left with no idea what happened.
As many games as possible is the most thorough method, but it is time consuming, and some users are only devoted to one or a few titles.
Good point.

hack3rcon

Reputable
Aug 12, 2019
Cinebench, OCCT, and FurMark are all 3 great programs for testing your graphics card. Keep in mind they test it in different ways as indicated in the article you posted.

What's occurring that makes you think you're experiencing a graphics card failure? Make/model of graphics card?

Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply.
My VGA model is NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 and its driver version is 391.XX. While working with Photoshop, the program suddenly crashes and closes. The Windows Event Viewer shows the following report:
Code:
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Photoshop.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_c1a085cc86772d3fnvoglv64.dll
How do I know if this is a software or hardware problem?

hack3rcon

Reputable
Aug 12, 2019

Hello,
Do you mean that these programs can't tell if the graphics card has a hardware problem or not?

Hello,
Do you mean that these programs can't tell if the graphics card has a hardware problem or not?
As far as I know, there's no program that can definitively test a graphics card for problems. The only way to gain confidence that the card is working fine is to run some sort of test for some period of time. How long that time period is depends entirely on you and whatever helps you sleep at night.

Hello,
My VGA model is NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 and its driver version is 391.XX. While working with Photoshop, the program suddenly crashes and closes. The Windows Event Viewer shows the following report:
Code:
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Photoshop.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_c1a085cc86772d3fnvoglv64.dll
How do I know if this is a software or hardware problem?
It tells you what the issue is. It's located in the System32\DriverStore directory and it's also referencing Photoshop.exe.