I recently had problems with brand new DDR4-3200 ram that caused BSOD. I overvolted it by 0.01 V and then everything was right.
The problem can also be improper voltage delivered by the motherboard. Such an overvolt is well within tolerance margins and can save you quite some headache.

Reactions: R_1

R_1

Glorious
Ambassador
I recently had problems with brand new DDR4-3200 ram that caused BSOD. I overvolted it by 0.01 V and then everything was right.
The problem can also be improper voltage delivered by the motherboard. Such an overvolt is well within tolerance margins and can save you quite some headache.
yes. I had an ASUS board with MEMok and it set the RAM voltage too high, but it worked, when I finally found out a year later or so and set the RAM to stock, bluescreen city.
double check the voltages of your RAM.

bit_user

Splendid
Ambassador
I've long been a fan of Memtest86, now owned by PassMark. I recommend running at least two full passes. Ideally, after installing or changing your memory configuration, just let it run overnight.

The reason is that I've seen memory test fine, in the first pass, but encounter errors in subsequent passes.

Sep 13, 2020
Hi.
I have a rebuilt desktop but Windows 10 won't install on a clean hard drive it stops at 5% when getting things ready.
I found a few workarounds online none of which work and have since found a how to test RAM from command prompt.
I have 2 4gb RAM modules and obtained the following information. It's the same on both banks.

BankLabel=BANK 0
Capacity=4294967296
DataWidth=64
Description=Physical Memory
Device Locator=Channel 1B-DIMM0. (BANK 2 has Channel 1B)
FormFactor=8
HotSwappable=
InstallDate=
InterleaveDataDepth=
InterleavePosition=
Manufacturer= Micron. (BANK 2 has Samsung)
MemoryType=24
Model=
Name = Physical Memory
OtheridentifyingInfo=
PartNumber=16JTF51264AZ-1G4M1. (BANK 2 has M378B5273DH0-CH9)
PositionInG=
Powered On=
Removable=
Replaceable=
SerialNumber=31877266. (BANK 2 has 647E6513)
SKU=
Speed=
Status=
Tag= Physical Memory 0. (BANK 2 has 2)
Total Width=64
TypeDetail=128
Version=

Can anyone tell me what I've missed here. As far as I can tell everything else is fine.
The machine has a new motherboard, PSU, Hard drive. Beforehand the memory was working, the machine had a motherboard failure caused by faulty PSU.

Many thanks.
Pete.

ASK THE COMMUNITY