Question How to transfer a graphics card from a gaming laptop to a PC tower

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 3, 2019
hello I have an MSI gaming laptop with a 1060 GTX in it all the stats are very good but it is not performing as well as it should with all the equipment it has I just bought a gaming tower that was custom built off of eBay for about $300 and I want to know if it is possible to take the graphics card out of my laptop and put it into the tower when it arrives

Mar 3, 2019
I don't want you guys to think I'm selling you anything but I would be remiss if I did not mention, for the sake of my family, that if you ever need an electrician in central Pennsylvania for commercial or industrial purposes <redacted by Moderator>, we also take DOD contracts from time to time

Last edited by a moderator:

popatim

Titan
Do you went from an MSI to an Asus and back to an MSI.

But if you are already Rich as you say you are, why aren't you donating this/these working laptops and getting yourself something much newer?
Btw, since these appears to be soldered to your motherboard, you won't be doing anything but destroying them by using a soldering iron. You'll need a hot air machine for the BGA components.

TRENDING THREADS