How to transfer a regular phone line over a wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would almost have to make your own hardware for this. Are you just trying to make a take calls or get internet?

You may have luck with a software phone and remove access of some kind. This would allow a computer on the phone line side to take/make calls(I am not even sure that modern modems work for voice any more) while being access from the other side.

It is honestly a fair bit of work. You would have to experiment.

Entomber

Admirable
What he wants to do is this:

He currently has a DSL internet connection, and two routers in his network communicating with one another to extend the range of his network. What he wants to do is connect a phone line to the part of the network that is not directly wired into his modem.

If those TC communications devices work over normal Ethernet(lets say it is a tcp or udp device) and not just by using the network wires, I see no reason wireless can not be used in between(just like how a wired NAS can be access via wireless computers because they all talk the same protocols).

The problem here is getting your router to allow this connection without its firewall trying to block it. I have no clue how you are setup.

This does bring up an interesting idea. Why not just use VOIP for everything. that works over the network for sure.

I am interested to see how you do solve this issue since it is something i can see others in remote areas also wanting to do.

AntonisL

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
Thank you all.
nukemaster You just catch my concern. If the machine is not use just the cables but this machine operates purely as TCP or Utp then logically there is no problem with the wifi. The issue of firewall not think it is difficult to regulate. I do not want to use VOIP because the analog line is a number of incoming and outgoing calls and a voice packets that do not want to miss and more.... Besides that, imagine that: if this can work in a network, why it can not work clean over the internet ? Just Imagine the possibilities of communication makes this solution.

Feb 14, 2020
Yes its possible. U need to use 1 port fxo gateway to connect normal analog phone to ip network. connect fxo gateway to router and in same network connect ip based pbx and set sip extensions and trunks in pbx. nw in android phone having sip client register same sip address. and make calls.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ie7ywJG.jpg

This thread is over 5 years old.

Closing.
Wolfshadw

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS