how to transfer only pictures from desktop to laptop

rosey123

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
The desktop is xp and the laptop is windows 7 and I want pics to go from desktop to laptop
Susan D.

Solution
Just plug your backup device into you Xp and make sure your backup is all up to date.
Then connect it to the 7 and copy (not move, not cut&paste) them back in their.

What?? No backup device?? <SHOCK> You need to make having a backup your first priority Before your harddrive dies and you lose all your pics... forever. (I knew you would see how important backups were :) )

popatim

Titan
Just plug your backup device into you Xp and make sure your backup is all up to date.
Then connect it to the 7 and copy (not move, not cut&paste) them back in their.

What?? No backup device?? <SHOCK> You need to make having a backup your first priority Before your harddrive dies and you lose all your pics... forever. (I knew you would see how important backups were :) )

Solution
Lots of fancy way to do it, but the quickest, and I sense from your "no jargon" post, is to use a flash (USB thumb) drive to move things over.

How to copy *only* pictures?well, in a perfect world we just voice command SIRI "transfer only my pictures!" unfortunately we haven't advanced that far just yet, so you need to know where you have saved all your pictures, CHOOSE AND COPY, and hopefully you know about file extensions and file types, that's how you know they are pictures.