[SOLVED] How to transport a matx desktop and 24inch monitor on a plane?

poorbugger

Distinguished
Hello everyone, i have built a matx case with a dimension of L420W212H395mm . However, i'll be needing to transport it on plane once a year. I have until July to pack it. So my plan is to pack my gpu into an anti static bag and taking out the hdd. Ram will taken out as well and put together with the gpu in the bag. The rest i will leave it intact. My cpu cooler shouldnt pose a problem as im using the wraith stealth cooler so it's a tower cooler. Im planning to pack the case into the original packaging with the polystyrene and then pack with bubble wrap and finally into a cardboard box. For the monitor, i have a 24inch acer monitor which ill pack into the original packaging and wrap it in bubble wrap which i will then pack with the pc box in a big box. Alternative solution for the monitor is packing it in the original polystyrene wrapped with bubble wraps and stuff it in a luggage with clothes. I'll be checking in the big box as cargo. Anyone got a better suggestion?

Last edited:
Solution
Don't create more troubles for yourself than necessary, Your packing loks good, just UPS/FedEx/USPS it - it would be probably cheaper, safer, and less hassle than the checked-in luggage.