HOW to triple boot on already dual booted PC ?

yogesh kalyana

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Hello,

I plan to download and install Ubuntu OS .

Currently my machine runs as follows:

Windows 10 pro
alongside
Windows 7 ultimate

These dual boot automatically, when i installed them one by one on two partitions.

I installed Windows 10 pro first, then 7 ultimate.

My question is:

which Ubuntu OS should i download as I want to to add it to the list of operating systems on my device. Not replacing windows 7, or 10 as i love them both.

What would the process be to add Windows 10 to my list of operating systems? Is it as simple as making a install USB/DVD, installing to a separate partition and all is well? Or do I need to do back flips to make it work?

also please not i have two H DD's
one is 298 GB and one is 1 TB
i have already did few partitions as

120 GB (where windows 10 is installed)
40 GB (where windows 7 ultimate is installed)
and two empty partitions of 128 GB and 10 GB

please help me in installing Ubuntu on the 10 GB partition and steps needed.

Solution
Get latest ububtu and install to free space on whatever partition. Install the bootloader, GRUB. And run 'sudo update-grub' after reboot (supposedly it does this automatically). This will find all your other OS's and add them to grub boot list.

BTW you may want to give ubuntu a bit more than 10GB for installing other programs
Get latest ububtu and install to free space on whatever partition. Install the bootloader, GRUB. And run 'sudo update-grub' after reboot (supposedly it does this automatically). This will find all your other OS's and add them to grub boot list.

BTW you may want to give ubuntu a bit more than 10GB for installing other programs

Solution

yogesh kalyana

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014

can you help with complete procedure please?

yogesh kalyana

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014

tried it many times
it installs successfully but when it reboots it only gets me to choose from windows 7 or 10
and the ubuntu or linux bootloader is not coming up
what to do ?

yqd321

Prominent
Sep 1, 2019
[/QUOTE]

tried it many times
it installs successfully but when it reboots it only gets me to choose from windows 7 or 10
and the ubuntu or linux bootloader is not coming up
what to do ?

You may find linux in your boot device selection during start up ( f9 key in my HP Envy 15)

TRENDING THREADS